Originally from Salem, Oregon, Jeremy is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional and is a CFA charterholder (Chartered Financial Analyst®). He is a graduate of Seattle Pacific University with a degree in business administration and a minor in economics. Jeremy contributes articles to the Merriman blog, and has also had his writing featured on IndexUniverse.com.
Before joining Merriman he was a financial advisor and financial analyst at Synergy Financial Management, LLC. He is a member of the CFA Institute and of the CFA Society of Seattle.
In his free time, Jeremy enjoys hiking, snowboarding and spending time with his wife, friends and other family members.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.
Content by Jeremy:
- Joint or Single Life Pension? An important question posted on Apr 2013
- 2013 retirement contribution limits posted on Dec 2012
- Why you should consider a Solo or Individual 401(k) if you’re self-employed posted on May 2012
- Self-Employed: What are your retirement saving options? posted on Mar 2012
- Charitable giving: Donor-Advised Funds posted on Aug 2011
- RMDs and Charitable contributions posted on Mar 2011
- When to start taking Social Security? It’s an important choice. posted on Jan 2011
- Why are you such big fans of index funds? posted on Apr 2010
- Fixed index annuities: Perfect product or a ripoff? posted on Mar 2009
- Please clarify tax-managed vs. tax-deferred posted on Feb 2009