A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional born and raised in Washington State, Lowell graduated from the University of Washington with a bachelor’s degree in economics. Lowell is heavily involved in writing articles and contributing to the “Ask Merriman” section of our blog.
Lowell enjoys reading, playing the guitar, running and spending time with his wife and friends. He is also actively involved in Ahmsa, an international non-profit organization that focuses on economic development and alleviating poverty.
Content featuring Lowell outside of Merriman.com:
Fix Your 401(k)
Is ‘Peer-to-Peer’ Lending Worth the Risk?
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Content by Lowell:
- Risk mitigation posted on Apr 2013
- The insidious effects of inflation posted on Apr 2013
- Six must-know investment terms posted on Mar 2013
- A stellar 2012 for DFA posted on Mar 2013
- Travel made easy posted on Feb 2013
- The ABCs of Medicare posted on Feb 2013
- 5 ways to simplify your finances posted on Feb 2013
- What is a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)? posted on Nov 2012
- Value and blend vs. value and growth – which is better? posted on Oct 2012
- Volunteering for the Washington Trails Association posted on Aug 2012