Mark is a 1986 graduate of Eastern Washington University with a degree in business administration and has spent over 25 years in the financial services industry. He is also a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. Prior to joining our firm, Mark spent over 18 years with the Charles Schwab Corporation, including several years with Schwab’s U.S. Trust subsidiary where he worked with high-net-worth clients.
Mark contributes articles to the Merriman blog, and his writing also has been featured online at Morningstar and Advisor Perspectives.
In his free time, Mark enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, reading, gardening, and following Big Sky football. He also serves as a member of the Board of Trustees of Cornish College of the Arts.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Content by Mark:
- The Merriman Research Team discusses our TrendWise Investment Program posted on Apr 2014
- How the Merriman research team evaluates potential investment opportunities posted on Dec 2013
- Merriman advisors Mark, Cheryl, and Tyler discuss conversations they are having with their clients posted on Jul 2013
- An alternative to the financial news treadmill posted on Jul 2013
- Dangerous words: “It’s different this time.” posted on Jun 2012
- A little perspective posted on Jul 2011
- Revisiting the “outlandish” predictions of the late 1990s posted on Mar 2011
- Strategies for recovering from market downturns in retirement posted on Feb 2011
- Is rampant inflation an upcoming problem for the US? posted on Feb 2011
- MarketWatch: Why investors shouldn’t break with muni bonds posted on Jan 2011