Tyler is a Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional (CFP®).
Tyler has been quoted in the national media, including online at Bankrate.com and in the Chicago Tribune. He has often answered readers’ questions in the Ask Merriman section of our blog.
Tyler has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Seattle Pacific University and formerly supervised financial planning for American Express Financial Advisors. He previously ran his own financial planning practice and was most recently employed as a wealth planner for high-net-worth clients at U.S. Trust.
Tyler and his wife are licensed foster parents. When not working he enjoys golf, camping and spending as much time as he can with his wife and their three young children.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Content by Tyler:
- Are you making these mistakes with your car insurance? posted on Apr 2013
- Good Reads: The Wealthy Barber by David Chilton posted on Sep 2012
- 4 great places to retire…Seattle??? posted on Aug 2011
- Lessons learned in a market downturn posted on Mar 2011
- Splitting Portfolio between DFA and Vanguard posted on Aug 2008
- Sell TIPS to hedge against higher interest rates? posted on Aug 2008