Bringing in a new year always presents new opportunities and possibilities. As we began 2012 we brought in some new talent to the Merriman team – Hannah Mitchell. You may have already met or spoken with Hannah, as she is one of the great people who greet our clients and answer our busy phones. Hannah works in our Support Services team and has already embraced her new role, leaving a wake of greatness as she grows in her position.
Hannah comes to us with experience in planning events, as she owned her own wedding planning business for the past four years. She also brings a new level of creativity to her position given her lifetime of dance, both as a student and recently as a teacher for the past five years. Hannah taught all types of dance at a local studio and developed a dance program at the YMCA for kids and adults.
Born in Montana, Hannah moved to Washington State as an infant and grew up in the Snohomish/Monroe area. Hannah spent much of her school years performing and acting. Hannah married her husband, Todd, last August and they spent their honeymoon in Hawaii – which quickly became Hannah’s favorite vacation spot. Along with appreciating the beauty of Hawaii, she experienced the thrill of zip lining and also took a helicopter tour!
Here are a few more fun, random facts about Hannah:
- Hannah is a fan of working out (who says that, really?) and is currently training for her first half marathon, the Seattle Rock ‘n Roll at the end of June.
- She is the middle child, with one older and one younger sister.
- Hannah loves to travel and has set a goal to get to Greece, Italy and Switzerland within the next couple of years.
- Hannah’s two favorite parts she played while acting in high school were those of Margot Frank in The Diary of Anne Frank and Hellen Keller in The Miracle Worker.
- Hannah recently tried surfing for the first time and really loved it!
We are very excited to have Hannah joining our fantastic support services team at Merriman!