Wealth Advisor, CFP®
Charlene’s priority is creating a customized plan and portfolio designed to meet your financial goals. She works closely with clients to navigate even the most difficult times and and to help achieve financial freedom.
Charlene’s background and credentials include:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ since 1995
- Graduate of the University of Oregon 1982 – BS, Teaching Certificate
- President of Carter & Carter Financial 1995-2017
- Branch Manager Raymond James Financial Services, Inc. (our independent broker dealer)
- Member of Raymond James Chairman’s Council 2013*
- Barron’s Top 100 Women Financial Advisors 2010**
- Registered Rep.’s 2010 & 2011 Top 100 Independent Advisors***
- Member of the local chapter of the Financial Planning Association
- Licensed Life Insurance & Variable Annuity
At Merriman, our corporate culture includes a desire to be actively involved in the community in which we live. Charlene serves as a member and past President of the local chapter of the Financial Planning Association (FPA). She is a proud member of University of Oregon Alumni Association and Order of the O. Charlene’s a past member of the board of directors for the American Red Cross and the Eugene Symphony. She can be found on financial talk on local AM stations including KUGN and KLCC.
Her hobbies include biking, hiking, skiing and spending time with her family and family pets.
At Merriman, I get to do what I enjoy most: working with our clients to help them achieve what’s most important to them.
* Membership is based mainly on assets under management, education, credentials, and fiscal year production. Re-qualification is required annually.
** Ranking reflects the volume of assets overseen by the advisors and their teams, revenues generated for the firms and the quality of the advisors’ practices. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Individual experiences may vary.
*** Award based on assets under management.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements. CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are trademarks owned by CFA Institute.