As we closed out 2011, we added a couple of really great new hires to the Merriman team. Aries Lazaro came on board this past December as our new Assistant Controller as we bid adieu to Sandy Chudler, his predecessor who retired in February 2012. We wish Sandy many great ventures in her new life of leisure and we are truly excited to welcome Aries aboard!
Aries has five years of great experience as an Audit Supervisor for Clothier and Head. Although he enjoyed and valued his experience there, Aries was looking for a new opportunity to utilize his skills in a more expansive business capacity.
Born in Seattle, Aries grew up in the area and his parents still live in the house where he was raised. He graduated from Issaquah High School, then ventured north to Bellingham to attend Western Washington University where he earned his Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Most of Aries family is in the Philippines, and he and his wife Mary have made several trips to visit. Aries and Mary are also new parents to their four month old daughter, Caroline. Here are a few fun, random facts about Aries that he was willing (well, some he was a little reluctant!) to share:
- Aries is a big sports fan and an active hiker, loves camping and anything he can do in the great outdoors.
- He once pitched a no-hitter while in sixth grade little league baseball!
- Aries and Mary love to travel. Besides the Philippines, they have visited Italy, Spain and France. With the addition of little Caroline, he is wondering when they will travel again…
- For the first week of his life, his name was Troy, but his dad decided the name just did not fit, so they changed it to his astronomical sign, Aries.
- Aries frequently got himself in trouble as a child by cutting his own hair. His mom would give him a haircut, and he wouldn’t like it, so he’d sneak out to the back yard with a pair of scissors and have at it. Needless to say, his mom wasn’t too thrilled. He has since realized that a professional salon is a much better choice. J
We are very excited to have Aries joining our fantastic finance team at Merriman!
Written by Julie Holmberg
P.S. Don't LET YOUR FRIENDS MISS OUT. Share this article:
At Merriman, we manage your wealth so you can lead your best life. We take care of the financial planning and investment management, so you can deal in more possibilities and have the space you need to dream big.
Because it’s time to stop asking "What should I do?" and start saying, "This is what I could do."
Articles Straight to Your Inbox
Subscribe to Merriman's Envision Newsletter to receive in-depth articles and expert commentary, delivered monthly to your inbox:
"*" indicates required fields