The days of printing and mailing hard copy contracts are quickly moving into the past as more and more companies are using electronic signatures. Having to address and stamp an envelope in order to mail a signed contract will eventually become a distant memory. Merriman is excited to partner with DocuSign to allow our clients to submit paperwork online. DocuSign was founded in Seattle in 2006, and now has nearly 1000 employees spread world-wide. Merriman is using DocuSign for client contracts and our custodians, Charles Schwab, TD Ameritrade and Fidelity, are using DocuSign for most account applications (excluding forms that need to be notarized).
Signing a document electronically is safe, secure and legally binding. We know account paperwork contains personal information so protecting your data is top priority. DocuSign utilizes encryption standards, retention and storage practices, and data security to ensure documents can only be accessed, read and executed by designated users. This means only you and those you authorize have access to your documents. Your content stays confidential, including from DocuSign—employees never have access to your content.
Here are some more great benefits:
- Whether you’re in an office, at home, on the go, or even on vacation across the globe – as long as you have internet access, you can sign documents electronically.
- Joint account holders or trustees can each sign documents without having to be in the same location or mail copies back and forth.
- Increased accuracy – it’s impossible to miss a required field so you’ll never have a document returned to you to redo.
- Open accounts and transfer funds faster since there is no time spent waiting for mail delivery.
- It’s easy to maintain electronic copies of all your signed documents, and you can always print a hard copy if you wish.
Written by former Merriman CCO Stephanie Brown
P.S. Don't LET YOUR FRIENDS MISS OUT. Share this article:
At Merriman, we manage your wealth so you can lead your best life. We take care of the financial planning and investment management, so you can deal in more possibilities and have the space you need to dream big.
Because it’s time to stop asking "What should I do?" and start saying, "This is what I could do."
Articles Straight to Your Inbox
Subscribe to Merriman's Envision Newsletter to receive in-depth articles and expert commentary, delivered monthly to your inbox:
"*" indicates required fields