Create an intelligent plan to secure your Amazon stock wealth.
It’s only when you sell that counts.
Concentration sometimes creates wealth,
yet remaining concentrated is much more likely to destroy it.
Terrible prospects for holding a single stock:
- 12% of stocks end up as 100% loss (the most common outcome!).1
- 40% of stocks end up with negative lifetime returns! 2
- The median stock underperformed the market by > 50%.2
- A stock is 5x more likely to suffer extreme losses than extreme gains (+/- 30%/year over 10 years).3
- The odds of getting an extreme winner are 1 in 15 – 9x less likely than underperforming the market.2
Merriman’s advice has been featured in the following publications:
Wall Street Journal
The New York Times
The Chicago Tribune
The Washington Post
Merriman is not affiliated with these companies and did not pay to be featured in their publications.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, Do Stocks Outperform Treasury Bills? (May 28, 2018). Journal of Financial Economics (JFE), Forthcoming. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2900447
- “The Agony and the Ecstasy: The Risks and Rewards of a Concentrated Stock Posi- tion”, Eye On The Market Special Edition, J.P. Morgan Asset Management (2014)
- “The Capitalism Distribution”, Longboard (2012)
- Merriman is not affiliated with these companies and did not pay to be featured in their publications.