Fall’s arrival is always a sweet end to a perfect summer of sun and warmth – it wakes us up with a blast of cool weather as the leaves change color and fall around us. Most importantly, it brings us football season.
You may now begin your fantasy football addiction, adorn your college or NFL jersey, tailgate, or just notice football games taking over every TV in your life. Football is embedded in our culture. We root for a team to overcome individual idiosyncrasies and be the best and greatest.
Vince Lombardi likes to remind us “Football is like life.” If football is like life, what does your Life Team look like? Is your defense ready to go? Who would be your quarterback? What receivers would make your touchdowns? And what offense is preventing life events from taking you by surprise?
In the game of life, every family needs a good proactive defense behind them:
- Your goals in life represent the ball – being carried through life against your ever-changing environment and market.
- An advisor is the quarterback – implementing strategies for success as the on-the-field leader.
- The research team is the center – the first line of defense to support the advisor in a volatile market, ensuring investment assets are diversified and invested to obtain the best return for the acceptable risk.
- The technology team and client services are the guards and tackles – creating openings for efficient account activity, evaluating security of trading systems and your data, and blocking negative third-party experiences.
- The advisor’s professional network represents the receivers – experienced in positioning you for success by looking for opportunities to protect you from potential blocks.
You also need an excellent offense: a proper asset allocation, efficient tax planning, detailed insurance planning and maximized wealth preservation and wealth transfer.
In the team approach, each player comes together to share information and ideas, review strategies for reaching your goals on a holistic level, and ensure an adequate offense to counter life’s hiccups.
Otherwise, the success of one player, you, running the ball all the way to the goal line alone is small. Individuals can at times think too much about changing their strategies, and sometimes don’t take appropriate or timely action when obstacles present themselves. They are not able to move freely through life and enjoy the present.
Consider your current Life Team and what changes you would make.
Over the past 30 years, Merriman Wealth Management evolved into a Life Team to help accomplish your personal and financial goals. We believe by aligning our clients, internal employees and external professionals toward the client’s goals and values, we can make a significant impact in covering the field to implement long-term strategies for success and helping you get what you want in life. Whether you’re ready to take the step to be part of a team, or you’re still thinking about making changes to your life strategies, we will be here when you need us.